In keeping with tradition and within our budget, to celebrate my amazing husband's 36th birthday I would like to share just 36 of the things that make him amazing to me!!
Drum roll please... (in no particular order):
1. He has more faith, courage and boldness in his little pinky than most people have in their entire bodies (myself included)!
2. He is the hardest worker I know. And even though I sometimes complain about the way he never stops working, it also makes me very proud that he is so dedicated to providing for our family and further God's kingdom
3. He inspires me and others to want to be a better person and not to waste our lives but make the most of every opportunity God placing before you
4. He can make me laugh so I hard I cry even when I am determined to be in a bad mood
5. He is man's man who is also not ashamed to cry about things he really passionate about
6. He can honestly say that no one's opinion of him matters other that God's and he is not afraid to live his life that pleasing one
7. He occasionally cooks dinner and even cleans the kitchen after wards. He makes amazing enchilada soup, chili, pancakes (not in Haiti), spaghetti, and he has mad grilling skills
8. He is VERY transparent with people and will be the first to admit his weaknesses, apologize when he has done something wrong, and take ownership for his actions and past mistakes
9. When he sets a goal for himself, he will go to great lengths to accomplish it and is so determined it's scary
10. When I first became a Christian, I was terrified about the parts of the Bible that ask women to be submissive of their husbands. But the way that he unconditionally and unselfishly loves me makes submitting to him just a natural overflow and reaction to that kind of love
11. He has such a servants' heart in so many ways.... which is one of the qualities that makes him an awesome leader
12. He laughs and smiles a lot... and the extra wrinkles of his face just prove that.
13. He loves our daughters in such a way that will require any prospective husband to have big shoes to fill and a high standard to live up to
14. He does pretty much all the laundry... really he does. I hate laundry and he has just always done it
15. He rarely complains about anything and lives out Philippians 4:12 in a way that amazes me
16. He has changed more poopy diapers and given more bedtime baths than any man I know
17. He would give away the shirt off his back and our last penny in the bank if a friend needed it (and he has). He uses everything that God has given us to bless other people (our house, car, education, resources etc..)
18. He always see's the glass as half full
19. He forces me to try new things and get out of my comfort zone and I love him for that
20. He has no desire to "keep up the Jones" and refuses to let our family become another causality of the American Dream
21. He is the most amazing Dad to our children and any other children God places in our life that need a daddy.
22. He has the ability to see hurting people, find out what they need, and then bend over backwards to make sure that need is met
23. He truly believes that "anything is possible" and and always encourages and challenges the people around to do more "big" and "impossible" things
24. He has never met a stranger and when he talks to you has an uncanny ability to make you feel like you are the only person in the room
25. He is very protective of his family and God's church
26. He see's the injustice of the world and wants to BE the change
27. He chooses to be a blessing even when cursing would be so much easier
28. He is always a student... doesn't think he knows it all, has everything figured out, or has arrived
29. He has overcome a lot of really difficult obstacles in life and learned from every one of them
30. He has forgiven some the most "unforgivable" people and loves some the most "unloveable" people
31. He will die long before his convictions about certain things do
32. He's smokin hot!!!
33. He fights FOR not with his family! His knees are bruised and broken (literally) from the way he battles for us in prayer.
34. He has the amazing ability to speak the truth in love and can call me on my crap
35. I have had the blessing of being married to him for more than half of my life at this point. And the thought of growing old with him makes the thought of growing old not so scary
36. He is not a quitter! He doesn't give up on me, our, marriage, our children, or anything
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!