The Lenhart Family

Monday, January 18, 2010

On this MLK day....

I want to discuss that which consumes my heart... the crisis in the nation I love as my own (Haiti)... but I can NOT even begin to articulate how my heart is hurting (maybe later)

Until then, please consider donating to our sending organization at www.csiministries.org

Here are some MLK quotes that are speaking volumes to my heart today...

"A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus."

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

"Justice is love in calculation. Justice is love correcting that which revolts against love."

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase."

"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than programs for social uplift is approaching spiritual doom."

"A riot is at bottom the language of the unheard."

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

"If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."

And of course all of this.....

No comments: