Thursday, February 5, 2009
Celebrating this day in history... when the most amazing man on the planet was born (and yet God chose me to be his wife)
So today is my sweet husband's 32nd birthday! In honor of this occassion, I am going to list the top 32 reasons why this day and this man should be celebrated...(also because we are cheap, money is tight, and I am trying to think of as many ways to make him feel speical without spending lots of money) Drum roll please... (in no particular order):
1. He has more faith, courage and boldness in his little pinky than most people have in their entire bodies (myself included)!
2. He is the hardest worker I know. And even though I sometimes complain about the way he never stops working, it also makes me very proud that he is so dedicated to providing for our family and further God's kingdom
3. He inspires me and others to want to be a better person and not to waste our lives but make the most of every opportunity God placing before you
4. He can make me laugh so I hard I cry even when I am determined to be in a bad mood
5. He is man's man who is also not ashamed to cry about things he really passionate about
6. He can honestly say that no one's opinion of him matters other that God's and he is not afraid to live his life that pleasing one
7. He occasionally cooks dinner and even cleans the kitchen after wards. He makes amazing enchilada soup, chili, pancakes (not in Haiti), spaghetti, and he has mad grilling skills
8. He is VERY transparent with people and will be the first to admit his weaknesses, apologize when he has done something wrong, and take ownership for his action and past mistakes
9. When he sets a goal for himself, he will go to great lengths to accomplish it and is so determined it's scary
10. When I first became a Christian, I was terrified about the parts of the Bible that ask women to be submissive of their husbands. But the way that he unconditionally and unselfishly loves me makes submitting to him just a natural overflow and reaction to that kind of love
11. He has such a servants' heart in so many ways.... which I was reminded of last week as I watched him clean up the vomit that covered our bathroom floor after a sick child didn't quite make it to the toilet
12. He laughs and smiles a lot... and the extra wrinkles of his face just prove that.
13. He loves our daughter in such a way that will require any prospective husband to have big shoes to fill and a high standard to live up to
14. He does pretty all the laundry... really he does. I hate laundry and he has just always done it
15. He rarely complains about anything and lives out Philippians 4:12 in a way that amazes me
16. He has changed more poopy diapers and given more bedtime baths than any man I know
17. He would give away the shirt off his back and our last penny in the bank if a friend needed it (and he has). He uses everything that God has given us to bless other people (our house, car, education, resources etc..)
18. He always see's the glass as half full
19. He forces me to try new things and get out of my comfort zone and I love him for that
20. He has no desire to "keep up the Jones" and refuses to let our family become another causality of the American Dream
21. He is the most amazing Dad to our children and any other children God places in our life that need a daddy.
22. He has the ability to see hurting people, find out what they need, and then bend over backwards to make sure that need is met
23. He truly believes that "anything is possible" and and always encourages and challenges the people around to do more "big" and "impossible" things
24. He has never met a stranger and when he talks to you has an uncanny ability to make you feel like you are the only person in the room
25. He is very protective of his family and God's church
26. He see's the injustice of the world and wants to BE the change
27. He chooses to be a blessing even when cursing would be so much easier
28. He is always a student... doesn't think he knows it all, has everything figured out, or has arrived
29. He has overcome a lot of really difficult obstacles in life and learned from every one of them
30. He has forgiven some the most "unforgivable" people
31. He will die long before his convictions about certain things do
32. He's smokin hot!!!
the picture of us holding happy birthday daddy signs (another cheap gift lol)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!