The Lenhart Family

Thursday, February 26, 2009

He's working it out....

You Are God Alone!

Jake and I have found ourselves smack dab in the center of an extremely stressful season in our lives. There is not just ONE thing at the source of our stress just a combination of many things and circumstances that seem to be piling up and reminding us daily that we are not in control! But I think God allows stressful seasons like this one into our lives to help keep this faith thang in check. If there were not sooo many circumstances in my life that are absolutely out of my control, then I might get a false sense of power and this season has done nothing if not caused me to surrender to the God who is calling all the shots and working EVERYTHING out according His plan and His agenda, not mine. (Ephesians 1:11). I am confident that my faith is strengthened every time I find myself not in control and not even wanting to be in control.

One of the most frustrating things about faith and trusting in an unseen God is when life just doesn’t make sense. And things that are happening in life leave us asking, “Why?” But God has more of a right to ask us “why?” than vice versa. And over the years I have learned that answer to all my “why?” questions will always be simply because He ALONE is God and His ways are always higher than mine and He sees the BIG picture when I can barely catch a glimmer of a glimpse of the picture.

I am reading this amazing book called “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan and in it he asks, “Can you worship a God who is not obligated to explain His actions to you? Could it be arrogance that makes you think God owes you an explanation?” He also says “not being able to fully understand God is frustrating, but it is ridiculous to think we have the right to limit God to something we can capable to comprehend. What a stunted and insignificant god that would be?! If my mind is the size of a soda can then God’s is the size of the ocean….”

Music has a way of speaking volumes into my stressed out soul and lately I have fallen in love with this song “you are God alone…”

You are not a god
Created by human hands
You are not a god
Dependant on any mortal man
You are not a god
In need of anything we can give
By Your plan, that's just the way it is
[chorus]
You are God alone
From before time began
You were on Your throne
Your are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne
You are God alone
You’re the only God
Whose power none can contend
You’re the only God
Whose name and praise will never end
You’re the only God
Who’s worthy of everything we can give
You are God
And that's just the way it is
Unchangeable
Unshakable
Unstoppable
That's what You are

“But you, O Lord, sit enthroned forever; your renown endures through all generations’ But you remain the same and your years will never end.” ~ Psalm 102:12, 27

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” ~ Isaiah 55:8, 9

“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who WORKS OUT EVERYTHING in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.” ~ Ephesians 1:11

No comments: